How do I register to be a player in OCYF in 2018?
- Online player registration opens on 4/1/18 and closes on 5/31/18. There is no LIVE registration.
Do you have a waitlist I can sign up for?
- Yes. The registration page is open for players who sign up after May 31st. You will automatically be added to our waiting list. The waitlist does not guarantee that your child will be placed on a team.
How much are the fees for the 2018 football season?
What is included in the cost of registrations?
- Players are provided with pants, shoulder pads, helmet, as well as a jersey. Players can keep their jersey. OCYF requires, but does not provide, cleats, mouth guard and athletic cup. 5th through 8th grade players will receive a second white jersey for away games.
If I clicked pay by check during the registration process, am I able to change my mind and make a payment online?
Are there any residency requirements?
- For grades 1st through 4th, Oak Creek Youth Football accepts players from any city or community.
- Players in the AAYFL (5th through 8th grade) must either reside in Oak Creek or attend a school in the Oak Creek Franklin School District. (Open enrolled students must be enrolled at least 2 full years in the Oak Creek School District to play for OCYF.)
Are there any mandatory requirements to serve or help in the league?
- Parents are required to do service hours; 6 hours for each player registered. Parents also need to submit a service hours security check for $400 per child with a maximum of $500 per family. This should be mailed to OCYF, P.O. Box 332, OC WI 53154. Volunteer checks are due by July 1st.
Are birth certificates required?
- Proof of age is required through a birth certificate or passport (no exceptions). This is a requirement for new players only. If you played in the 2017 OCYF season or before, we have it documented. OCYF will not keep a copy of the birth certificate, however, if proof is requested by another opponent/community, the player may be asked to show a hard copy. Verification of birth certificate is due by July 1st.
- Birth certificates can be uploaded to the Sport Engine site, be faxed to a secure OCYF fax 414-921-5657, or a copy may be mailed to the post office box at: OCYF PO Box 332 - OC, WI 53154.
What is an athletic permit?
- OCYF requires that all players have an athletic permit on file prior to July 1st.
- OCYF only accepts the WIAA or the OCYF physical forms (no exceptions).
- A copy of our permit can be found at our website under league documents.
- You may upload document to our Sport Engine site, mail the physical to OCYF PO Box 332 - OC, WI 53154 or fax to 414-921-5657.
- Athletic permits are good for 2 seasons.
Proof of Grade for player
- OCYF will require all "new" (first time participating in OCYF) players entering the 2017 season to show proof of grade they are in. This is to ensure that the player is drafted to the correct grade specific team. OCYF will require a current/last report card stating the grade they are currently enrolled no later than June 12th.
What is the League Wide Meeting & Equipment Handout in July (date and time to be announced)?
- All players and their guardians need to attend this very important meeting to go over rules and league requirements. Exceptions can be made if you email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prior to start of season, all coaches complete OCYF's required training courses. Coaches will use this time to help their players find proper fitting equipment and insure proper jersey fit.
Do players need to attend the draft?
- No. Players do not need to attend the draft. Coaches choose players from documentation provided during on-line registration.
Where and when are practices held?
- 1/2nd and 3/4th grade will practice on the American Legion Grounds.
- 5th through 8th grade will practice at various parks within Oak Creek and will be determined at the beginning of the season. Times of practices are subject to change once daylight becomes an issue.
- 1st - 4th grade coaches can have a maximum of 8 hours per week prior to the start of school; 6 hours of practice per week once school is in session. Typically, coaches will schedule practice 2-3 times per week in the evening. Practices normally last 1.5 - 2 hours.
What are the grade levels?
- OCYF has 6 different levels: 1st/2nd grade, 3rd/4th grade, 5th grade, 6th grade, 7th grade and 8th grade.
Where are games held?
- The American Legion Post 434 on South Shepard Ave in Oak Creek is the location for home games for 1/2nd and 3/4 Oak Creek Youth Football teams. 1/2 grade level will play in house. 3rd - 4th grade levels will travel outside of Oak Creek to play away games.
- 5th through 8th grade will play their home games at the Oak Creek High School Stadium. Away games will be played at the opposing AAYFL High School stadium.
Game schedule information:
- The game schedule will be posted as soon as it becomes available to the league. All games are held on Saturdays unless they need to be rescheduled. The first weekend of games is Saturday, September 9th.
What are the requirements to be a coach in OCYF?
- Strict guidelines are set to qualify as a coach. All requirements are paid for by OCYF. This includes obtaining a background check. All head and assistant coaches are required to complete an online Heads Up Tackle Football certification through USA Football and attend live coaches clinics offered by the Oak Creek High School Administrative coaching staff. All teams are required to have their head coach and one assistant first aid certified. Please visit the coaches tab for more detailed information on coaching requirements.